Being a single parent is tough. In many developed countries, having children gives you various benefits and aid in the form of government subsidies and support, but in the US, we fall way behind the standard for how parenting should be. Still, numerous companies across America have recognized that we should help single parents by offering special deals and discounts. The government also has funded programs for single parents who need a helping hand.
Whether you’re interested in adding a little extra to savings or federal programs that offer thousands in rebates and savings, we’ve created a list of the 14 best discounts out there, all guaranteed to stick around until July 31st, 2019.
1. ADT IS OFFERING SINGLE PARENTS A $850+ DISCOUNT ON A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM
This money saving idea is for homeowners who are single parents, so if you’re a renter you can skip this one.
A home without a home security system is three times more likely to be broken into than a home with a security system. While installing a home alarm system isn’t just to stop burglars and intruders, it may also save you big money year after year. A house alarm may save you money on your homeowners insurance policy (which is generally mandatory if you own a home).
In fact, installing a home alarm system may give homeowners a 10-20% discount on their insurance. ADT is currently offering over $850 in security equipment if you just pay the installation fee of $99 and sign up for a 24 or 36 monthly monitoring contract.Click Here To Learn More About ADT »
2. CONSOLIDATE ALL YOUR EXISTING DEBT INTO ONE SIMPLE PAYMENT
Raising a child may be rewarding, but it doesn’t always mean it’s easy, especially when you have to work to make ends meet AND have time to spend with your child or children. Having unsecured debts can be a challenge even for someone who has a full time job. Debt consolidation is the process of combining all your unsecured debts into a single monthly payment. Generally this allows for much lower payments on a monthly basis than the sum total of the separate debts – making life a lot more manageable. The likelihood in these circumstances of reducing interest rates is very high, and there are many firms out there who will walk you through the process making it simple and painless.
If you owe more than $10,000 in debt, there is a proven debt relief program made available for single parents by Freedom Debt Relief that can not only consolidate your loans, but also reduce the amount of money you owe.Click Here To Consolidate Your Debts »
3. PARENTS: WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH $100K?
Single parents (who are homeowners) visiting the 100k Survey website might be shocked to find out that they qualify for a $100k cash-out that could help make home improvements, take a vacation, pay off debts, and more.
This brilliant program can provide up to $100,000 to single parents (if you qualify). Most people use this cash for home remodeling and repairs but you can use it however you want..
As far as we are aware, deadlines for these programs haven’t yet been announced, but if transforming your home, paying off debts, or even just taking the cash for a vacation or new car would help you, it’s smart to act now.
Remember, most of these programs are free and there is absolutely NO COST to see if you are eligible. Click here to check if you qualify and find out how much you can claim. It’s an easy way to put cash back in your pocket!
Click Here To Learn More About The $100K Survey »
4. LIFE-PROOF YOUR HO– USE AND EVERYTHING IN IT WITH THIS PROGRAM
Single parents understand the value of a warranty. You have so much work to do at work and at home, you don’t want to get bogged down by repairs in your home.
With the American Home Shield Program, you can actually cover the big-ticket items in your house—things like your fridge, dishwasher, A/C—with a low-cost warranty plan so that everything you might need fixed is in one place.Click Here To Learn About American Home Shield »
5. DON’T DRIVE YOUR AUTO WARRANTY INTO THE GROUND
Most cars come with a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty at the time of purchase, but what happens after that expires?
You’re stuck paying for costly repairs, that’s what. And as we mentioned before, mechanics may not be so honest, especially to someone who doesn’t have the time or energy to learn everything about cars.
Do yourself a favor. Click the link below to learn about the process of extending your car’s warranty so that you can avoid expensive repair costs popping up in the future.Learn More About Extended Warranty »
6. $260/MONTH MORTGAGE REDUCTION FOR QUALIFIED SINGLE PARENTS
When single parents (again, homeowners only) visit the Homeowner Refinance Website they are surprised their benefits qualify them for a huge mortgage reduction.
Millions of savvy fathers have already taken advantage of this government program that drastically reduce monthly mortgage payments by an average of $3,100 each year. These benefits serve as a big pay day homeowners, but millions are still missing out on these huge savings by simply being unaware of their eligibility for this program.
Most homeowners don’t know they can qualify for this refinance program. The process is very simple and FAST. So what are you waiting for? Take the 60 second quiz to see if you qualify.Click Here To See If You Qualify »
7. FIXD – DIAGNOSE YOUR OWN CAR
Fixd was one of the biggest Kickstarter campaigns ever. It’s a revolutionary device that allows YOU to know what’s wrong with your car before taking it in to a mechanic so they can’t take advantage of you ever again. Just plug it into your car, pair the Fixd device with your smart phone, and viola! It tells you EXACTLY what’s wrong with your car, no mechanic needed! It’s one of our favorite devices we’ve seen and all of us here at the office got one for our cars–it will save you so much on car repairs in the long run!Get FIXD Today! »
8. STOP PAYING FOR CABLE/TV EVERY MONTH
With more and more people switching to subscriptions like Netflix and Hulu, it doesn’t really make sense to pay a big cable fee each month anymore. Comcast, for instance, charges the same fee as a full Netflix subscription just to get basic/local channels and 50+ single program channels that nobody actually watches. But there’s an even better solution to switching to an online network subscription–use a BlueWire TV Antenna.
Once you use BlueWire TV, you’ll wonder why you’ve been paying for cable all these years. Most broadcast stations offer additional regional programming, absolutely free–and BlueWire TV let’s you watch all of those channels in High-Def 1080p. The device attaches to the antenna jack of any TV and can receive broadcast signals from up to 30 miles away. On top of having access to so many channels for free, you’ll find that it takes less time setting up your antenna than it does trying to call and cancel your cable service. Plug it into your tv and forget about it!Click Here To Learn More About BlueWire TV »
9. MISC DISCOUNTS FOR PARENTS
New and expecting moms and dads have a lot on their plates, and a fair portion of the stress of bringing a child into the world is financial. There’s the cost of turning your home office into a nursery, the cost of baby-proofing, of buying strollers and high chairs and car seats and stocking up on diapers and formula and adorable onesies with sassy phrases stitched on the front.
All this adds up to some very stressed moms and dads who could use a little break from the spending spree required to successfully grow, birth, and raise a human child. Luckily, there are a ton of companies offering free stuff for families expecting a new member’s arrival. From diaper bags to baby clothes, if you know where to look, you can spend less time worrying about money, and more time enjoying your new baby. We decided to make things even easier and compiled a list of freebies and discounts for new and expecting moms and dads!
- Amazon Amazon sends Prime members who create and complete a baby registry online a baby “Welcome Box” after at least $10 of registry gifts have been purchased from their wishlist. The box is valued at $35, and recent recipients said it included baby food samples, a nursing bottle, a pacifier, breast pads, water wipes, baby lotion, shampoo, conditioner and more! This is just one of the many, many reasons why we here at Brad’s Deals are obsessed with our Amazon Prime memberships.
- Buy Buy Baby Register and add items to your baby registry in-store at Buy Buy Baby, and you’ll get a goody bag filled with product samples and coupons. Buy Buy Baby doesn’t publish exactly what’s in the goody bag, but some covert mommy forum sleuthing found that previous recipients have gotten a copy of American Baby magazine, formula, baby food samples, a pacifier and more!
- Target Register in person for a Target baby registry and you’ll get a gift bag at Guest Services filled with $100+ in goodies. Freebies include coupons for brands like Pampers and Starbucks, and according to one blogger, the samples include things like Aquaphor diaper rash cream, Olly prenatal multivitamins, a MAM pacifier, some Lansinoh breastfeeding storage bags, The Honest Company diapers and wipes, Pampers wipes and a Philips Avent natural bottle.
- Enfamil Sign up for the Enfamil Family Beginnings program to receive up to $250 worth of free gifts for you and your baby. From formula samples and coupons to “unexpected gifts”sent to you throughout your membership, there’s a lot to love about this program.
- Heinz Baby Sign up for the Heinz Baby Club to receive weekly coupons, offers and samples of new products.
- Huggies – Huggies Rewards members earn points from purchasing Huggies products, participating in surveys and watching videos. You can redeem your points for things like free diapers, magazine subscriptions, and gift cards to places like Sephora!
- Pampers Create a Pampers account and get free samples, coupons and offers from both Pampers AND their partner companies (Charmin, Bounty, Always, Tide and Dreft).
- Seventh Generation Get coupons, access to new products and exclusive offers when you sign up for the Seventh Generation ‘Generation Good’ program.
- Free Walmart Baby Box Sign up to receive a free quarterly box of baby and parent-friendly samples from Walmart. Samples we saw included laundry detergent, baby shampoo, and baby lotion. When you sign up, you can choose the type of box that best suits you: Expecting, Newborn/Infant, or Toddler. There is a $5 shipping fee per box, and you’ll need to cancel your subscription when you no longer want to receive them.
- IKEA Join IKEA Family and get product discounts on select furniture, free coffee at all retail locations, 90-day price protection and more!
- Motherhood Maternity Signing up for the Perks Program nets you up to $1,500 in free offers. Most of these offers will be coupons, but the program also includes free samples and partners include Buy Buy Baby, Shutterfly, and Enfamil.
10. AUTO INSURANCE SAVINGS FOR SINGLE PARENTS
You might think you’re already paying a low auto insurance rate, but research shows that very few people pay less than $50 per month for car insurance. If you’re currently paying more than $50 per month, and have had no accidents or tickets in the past two years, you can probably secure a much lower car insurance rate. The best way to do that is to compare quotes from multiple insurers – let them compete for your business.
Depending on your age and other factors, single parents could get a huge discount on car insurance. With Best Quotes Auto Insurance, you fill out a simple form and they’ll provide you with multiple quotes you can choose from. At the very least, you can use the offers and information they give you as leverage when negotiating with your current care insurance company.
Click Here To Save On Car Insurance »
11. PHOTOSTICK – WORLD’S ONLY INSTANT PHOTO ORGANIZER
If you store your photos and videos on your computer or ‘the cloud’ then you know the risks that come with it: Computer crashes, viruses, and power surges that could wipe out 1,000’s of your digital memories in seconds. And that’s why The Photostick is one of the most in-demand gadgets of 2018, selling over 1,000 units per day. The Photostick is a clever new device designed to protect your photo and video memories and be super easy to use.
Using the Photosick is easy, just connect this small thumb-sized drive to your PC or Mac, press ‘Go’ and it will automatically sync your pictures and videos into the stick. It even finds and removes duplicates so you don’t spend hours deleting them manually.
No technical knowledge or computer expertise is required and all your photos are stored safely offline where only you have access to them. The PhotoStick is perfect for anyone who wants to safeguard their digital memories and doesn’t trust “the cloud”. Your discount for Photostick is ready through our link below!Click Here To Learn More About Photostick»
12. SINGLE PARENTS SAVE UP TO 70% ON LIFE INSURANCE1
Unfortunately, as our age increases so do our premiums for life insurance. In fact, typically the premium amount rises 8-10% for every year of age. For most, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly.
The best way to get the cheapest life insurance policy possible is to compare quotes from multiple carriers in much the same way you would do with car insurance, or cell phone plans. Luckily, there’s a new website called LifeInsurance.net that will automatically use your information to find you the best life insurance policy for your needs at much lower prices.
Click Here To Save On Life Insurance »
13. XTRA PC – GET A NEW COMPUTER WITHOUT PAYING FOR ONE!
Whenever you buy a new computer, everything feels fast and it is fun to use. A few months later, the computer starts slowing down, and eventually, you wonder how was this the same computer you bought when it was brand new? This new Gadget called Xtra PC works with any computer (Mac or Windows) made after 2004, and it is FAST (and will never slow down).
You can plug this little USB device into your computer, restart your computer and start using Xtra PC immediately. This will bypass your older/slow computer and operating system while STILL having access to all of your files and it comes with the programs you need to browse the web, send/receieve emails, listen to music, etc.
Get this amazing brand new computer on a memory stick now–before special offers run out!Click Here To Learn More About Xtra PC »
14. FREE MEMBERSHIP TO PRIME 8
Like what you’ve seen here? Get more discounts as we find them! We don’t spam people with daily junk mail and joining us and Prime 8, a growing online community for single parents, is completely FREE! When we have a darn good deal, you will hear from us!
To join for free, simply enter your e-mail and click “SUBSCRIBE”:
15. PEEPS™ – SAVE ON CLEANING GLASSES
Do you or someone you know wear glasses? If so, chances are you’re tired of how often they get smudged, and having to use your shirt to try and rub off the smudges, which only ends up rubbing them around and not truly clearing your lenses. That’s why we love Peeps! They are one of the best designed glasses cleaners in the world and use NASA carbon lens cleaning technology to give you the most crystal clear view through your lenses. They’re small and portable and on sale now through our exclusive link!Click Here To Check Out Peeps Today! »
16. SINGLE PARENTS CAN GET HEALTH INSURANCE FOR $9/MONTH1
Health insurance is now available to more Americans than ever before. In the past, many people took the risk of not being insured, but with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) you can be fined if you don’t have qualified health care insurance.
Instead of paying a fine, people who have not been able to afford insurance before are looking for affordable medical insurance options. Whether you have low, mid, or high income, you could greatly reduce your health insurance by using HealthInsurance.net to compare policies and prices, and find what’s best for you.Click Here To Save On Health Insurance! »
17. DODOW – NO NEED TO BUY SLEEPING PILLS AGAIN!
Unlike other sleep remedies that provide temporary solutions, Dodow light metronome actually RETRAINS YOUR BRAIN to fall asleep – while it mesmerizes you to sleep! Dodow’s slow rhythmic light is scientifically designed to quickly quiet your busy mind, slow your breathing, and relax your body – swiftly lulling you into a deep, peaceful slumber.Click To Learn More About Dodow »
18. NEED A ROOFER? WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
While we’re on the subject of home ownership, what’s more important than the literal roof over your head? If you’ve got a leak, a hole, or a loose shingle, you understand the gravity of the situation—you’ve got to fix it…and fast!
If you find yourself in this debacle, don’t fret. We’ve got you covered.
Take a look at the link below for the lowest rates on roofing repairs in your area! You’ll gain access to information about qualified roofing specialists and their exclusive discounts.
What are you waiting for? Protect yourself from the elements by making sure your roof is safe and sound today!Click Here TO Receive Free Roofing Quotes »
19. NECK HAMMOCK – BETTER THAN A CHIROPRACTOR
Say goodbye to neck pain! Neck Hammock quickly relieves neck pain from the comfort of your own home. It’s patented technology combines resistance bands and gravity to give you a controlled stretch, helping with improved posture, increased circulation, and fewer pinched nerves. It pulls the tension out of those tight, inflamed muscles in your neck while you rest! Dr. Oz calls it “one of the best health finds of 2018!”